A subjective list from IPT. We think many products in these stores are pricey and the better-known places are often crowded. But we need our biscotti del Mulino Bianco, ricotta di pecora and pomodori in scatola without sugar. An aside: the best place for Italian shopping is Arthur Avenue in the Bronx.
1. Di Palo’s Fine Foods (Grand St.)
2. Eataly (5th Ave. and 23rd St.)
3. Buonitalia at Chelsea Market (9th Ave. and 15th St.)
4. Faicco’s Italian Specialties (Bleecker St.)
5. Nicola’s (First Ave. and 55th St.)